A being with a renaissance mind.
I'm a visual artist, singer, writer, and an Otome VN game dev.
I'm an independent artist so your support means the world to me!
I did this painting for my visual novel. I plan to elaborate more on this blog about the content of said visual novel, but I'm still writing the script and shaping the story (I haven't even come up with a title! >.<). For now, I just decided to post this video showing the sped up process it took me to create this background.
The music playing comes from the artist Mt_Majora. The song names in order are: bat, blank, dau, loose, devi, letterip, and lang. Mt_Majora is an artist that believes in the open-source revolution and therefore all of his music is available for use non-commercially and commercially by other artists as long as he is credited. I also use creative commons licenses with all my art as I too believe in an open-source world/future. I also simply ask for credits if any of my art is used.
Here's some concept art for my character, Jaws. He's a daemon from the capital of Mareterrae (the water kingdom) - Trenton. He's one of the main characters in an rpg / visual novel I'm making. I haven't posted up much (or anything, actually😅) about my visual novel, but eventually I will! 😁Down below I posted a time-lapse of me digitally painting. *Suddenly gets pushed aside* Jaws: You're in the way. Jaws: I'd like everyone to know that's not my blood. Me: Oh, really? Jaws: Yes, really. It's not my fault the enemy decided to bleed everywhere. They were particularly messy today.
Yup, the title says it all. I made my first performance video recording myself re-creating one of the songs off of my demo tape . I had a lot of fun setting up my little area: View this post on Instagram This is my recording area for a video I'll be making for a song off of my demo tape 🌹💀 #makingof #behindthescenes #music #musician #recordingarea #recording #peacefulspace #witchyvibes A post shared by Terra-Essence Art (@terra.essence.art) on Dec 24, 2019 at 1:03am PST I went all out and dressed up too because it's fun and I can: View this post on Instagram Pre-video photoshoot 🖤 I hyped myself up and was feeling sexeh even though the song I was working on was quite melancholic 💀🥀 Video will be out soon~ #photoshoot #darkaesthetic #musician #behindthescenes #makingof #witchyvibes #witchy A post shared by Terra-Essence Art (@terr...
"They who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown "The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Friedrich Nietzsche "If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. ...it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom..." - Anthon St. Maarten For some reason, I felt like posting these. They're meaningful to me in different ways. It was limiting to have grown up with social anxiety or really just anxiety in general. Luckily, I'm not plagued or held back by what I think people are thinking of me anymore. It's hard to convince myself that anything I do is worthwhile, so it's nice to remember to not give a fuck. That nothing matters in the best, most beautifu...
Hi random people reading this :) I haven't posted for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I've been posting up a Fanfic called Mist's Legacy on Fanfiction.net and DeviantArt . It's based on the anime Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. It's a romance fanfic with the main couple being my OC, Mizushima Aiko, and Uchiha Sasuke. I decided to draw the couple mid conversation in one of Orochimaru's bases. I imagine what they’re saying would go something like this: ~~~~~~ Sasuke: I’ve noticed this for a long time now. Why does Kabuto glare at your sash? Aiko: *laughs* Because I shot him down when he insisted I wear that tacky purple belt. Sasuke: *raises an eyebrow* Is that all you did? If so, Kabuto is more sensitive than I initially thought. Aiko: He is sensitive if he’s still holding a grudge after a few years. When I first came under Orochimaru’s caring tutelage, my old clothes were worn out so Kabuto brought me a new se...
So I discovered my old blog again that I never really quite kept up with... haha... I decided to start it up again. Right now I'm randomly creating 2D digital art while learning more about 3D modeling in general. I still have a visual novel / rpg of the otome variety I want to create (I think I mentioned it already in previous posts). And in those previous posts I had Youtube videos with pictures I painted for said visual novel. Over time I've changed it up and am not going to use any of those photos. 😰 Recently I just got accepted to an online school for Game Art design (SNHU) - I think it should take me about a year and a half to graduate with a Bachelor's. I start next month and I'm pretty excited. 😁 I made a 3D dog modeled off of one of my real dogs from scratch. I call him Explorer Sparky lol. Explorer Sparky by Terra-Essence on Sketchfab Okay and thus ends my rambling for right now.
So recently I've been using After Effects more. Anyways, I made some music in FL studio and added it to an old video I had made a while back. I used some commercial free stock footage of a glowing, magickal-looking sprite thingy and boom - intro video :)
Antique Phone by Terra-Essence on Sketchfab Lately I've been 3D modeling more for class and I have to say I'm loving the challenge! I made this antique phone as a final project. I even made a short animation for it in which I had to utilize bones and skinning them to the mesh. It was a headache to figure out, but I'm happy with the results. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to texturing so the seams are kind of obvious, but oh well... I'm still proud of my creation 😁
I took a break from writing and Twitching to work on some music stuff. Anyways, I recently finished a painting~ I'm going to be working on finishing my fanfic again once and for all. It's a slow process, but I'm a perfectionist and like to finish projects.
It's been about two months that I've been struggling with covid-19 post-viral fatigue and who knows what else. Technically, I've been sick since mid-March, but it's only been in the past two months that I've been to the point where I'm essentially bedbound. It was worse a month ago, but I'm finally to the point where I can walk to the bathroom once a day by myself and open the curtains in my bedroom to let the sunlight in. Other than that, I'm in bed all day, unable to walk any farther than what I've just mentioned. Previously, I was unable to do anything but lay in bed and meditate. It was a struggle to even pick up my water bottle and eating knocked me out. Nowadays, I've got just enough strength to draw, write, or even sing. I'm optimistic I'll get better, it's just a slow as fuck process. I've learned to be patient and that results come weekly or even monthly, not daily. For anyone dealing with any sickness, chronic or otherw...
I've written a lot of poetry that could become future song lyrics. I might post some of the random poems I have sometime. Anyways here's some new artwork and a poem: ...Inert Guardian... Gripping to the ledge Tottering on the edge Contort as I lay Scream as I may Is this the moment reality breaks? Mayhem seething and irate Is this the moment this form decays? Eagerly overcome and ensnare rationality from the unconductive husk that is my brain The will cannot be contained what flesh has made weak - is disdained Deep peace obtained lies dormant Hermetic, unacclaimed Sing to myself to starve the shadow Sing to myself to stave the beast Reverberations contrite, alluding to wishful jouissance Grasping at visions of haleness and love Watchful orbs survey in fragments, a reminder this is a non-divergent path To suffer need not elicit pain Music by: Mt_Majora Vocals by: Me :)
Comments
Post a Comment