Uncertain Magic Fan art

So recently I got into a novel called Uncertain Magic by Laura Kinsale. It's a fantasy/romance/historical piece and I absolutely adore the characters and admire the way Kinsale weaves her tale. Though Faelan (the hero) calls Roddy (the heroine) "little girl" as a disturbing nickname, I was still enthralled with the story and plot. I have to admit I fell in love a little with Faelan and so this fan art was born!

Personally, I'm still not happy with the way this came out (-_-") I went for a semi-realistic art style which isn't something I'm completely comfortable with, but I tried anyways. I tinkered a lot with his face and it still didn't come out as 'realistic' as I wanted it to, but whatever. The picture I created depicts a scene from the novel. It takes place on the night of November Eve when fairies come out to dance with the dead. Faelan declared he was Finvarra, King of the Fairies, and that Roddy was his lady, Lassar (which means 'Flame'). He ushers her out of a carriage for a dance with spirits. The whole event was a clever ruse to misguide some soldiers.



And here's a random little gif I made just because!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miscellanea: Mantra, Art, Animation, Music, & Poetry

Random Poems about Love

Sketches and sickness

Majora's Mask Sculpture and Water Element Creature Mask

Random Naruto Fanart!

Posting up my old fanfic and my plans~

Succumb Artwork & Poem

'Nother Aiko Pic

Amaterasu's Shrine