Succumb Artwork & Poem

It's been a while since my last post. A lot of changes have taken place in my life. Too many, actually. It's kind of overwhelming and I'm surprised I handled any of it given the state I'm in. Emotional turmoil runs deep. Suffice it to say, I'm in a new place physically and mentally. I've finally adjusted and settled in to the point that I was able to finish some artwork.
In terms of health, I've made some great strides. I can do more physically and I'm more housebound than bedridden. I still can't walk more than a minute without crumpling into a jittery, fucky goo pile xD All I can do is laugh at how ridiculous my body is reacting to the most normal of stimuli. I'll never underestimate the miracle that is basic fucking standing up ever again!

Anyways....
I drew the original a couple months ago now, but just now have finished the coloring process.




..~Succumb~..
Torn far enough through the core
Sedated, deranged state
Plunged head first into the rip tide
Struggling to keep a loose grip
Smiling a laughable mechanism of escape
Pallor spirit succumbs, daring a difference
Willing it's place, it's shape, it's abilities nonpareil
Knowing everything is change
The rate and outcome dependent upon the transition
The future held in the current processing of the present
What can one save if not even one's self?
Slip between realms grounded yet not of earthly substance
Desperate heave of breath to connect, to forget
Transcendent, cold, and marred by 13's Death
Bright caress, light's kiss transformation's reward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Poems about Love

Miscellanea: Mantra, Art, Animation, Music, & Poetry

Majora's Mask Sculpture and Water Element Creature Mask

Sketches and sickness

Posting up my old fanfic and my plans~

Inert Guardian Artwork & Poem

'Nother Aiko Pic

Random Naruto Fanart!